Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection Power

It would be an understatement to say that we see horrible things in our line of work. The truth is we see heartbreaking, disgusting, unfathomable injustice, need and pain. Third world countries are not easy places to be... especially when you know and love so many of the people suffering. It would be easy to get lost in hopelessness and give up in despair. But this morning I woke up with a revelation from God......  

EASTER CHANGED EVERYTHING!


All day today I have been reflecting on this TRUTH :: My God conquered DEATH - and that is why I can see the darkness of the world without despair. THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST is the reason I can stand in brothels and slums and AIDS ridden villages and proclaim that HOPE IS COMING! He is the reason I can face poverty and genocide and human trafficking and declare that His LOVE and POWER is greater! Easter is the source of our HOPE and our FAITH and the PROMISE of LIFE! This is the POWER of the RESURRECTION! He has conquered death! He is ALIVE and able to do ALL THINGS!!! Nothing is too big for my God!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip! We need a date soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that Dorothy! Just let me know when and where! :)

      Delete