Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dossier To Thailand!!!


I got the phone call this morning from New York...

We are officially DTT - (Dossier To Thailand)!!! 


Our agency finished all of our authentications, and all our important paperwork is now on its way across the ocean to beautiful Thailand. The thought of that stack of documents flying to Thailand makes me so EXCITED, but if I'm being honest, also a little anxious! I'm trying not to think about all people who will handle it and places it will be before it's in the hands of the woman who will match us with our child. I'm just trusting that God will get it where it needs to go!

"So... what's next?"

That was my question for our agency this morning. And the short answer is, we wait! At this point, we are just waiting on a referral. It could come at any time really, though it will likely be at least 6 months (and possibly longer) before we are matched with a child, and probably another 6 months until we travel to get her. I know that sounds miserable, but we are just SO thrilled to be done with paperwork, that entering this season is a bit of a relief! We know that we've done all we can, and so now we are trusting God to handle the rest in His timing. We don't know who our daughter is, where she is, how old she is, or when we will meet her - but God does. And so, for the next few months we will wait and pray and prepare our hearts to be parents!

We are determined to embrace this season. We know that when our baby girl gets home EVERYTHING will change! And as excited as we are for that day, right now, we are trying to live fully where we are. We don't want to take this season for granted. This is the last time it will just be the two of us, so we're going to try to enjoy it, live it fully, and bless the people around us as we wait.

I'm also excited about filling this time with things we've been too busy to do (because we were working on adoption paperwork.) I want to enjoy time with friends, catch up my blog, and learn to use my new sewing machine. We're finally renovating our office, and will hopefully be finished with it by the end of the summer. (I know how important it's going to be to have a separate office once Kate is home!) Also, our Thai is getting rusty the longer we're away, so we're looking forward to brushing up and learning more Thai in the coming months. And we're planning to travel this Fall to several of our partnerships overseas for The Sound of Hope, so I am really looking forward to that!


For today though, we will just enjoy the fact that we are now OFFICIALLY "paper pregnant"! We've finished our paperwork and (though we don't know when we will bring her home) as of today we have a baby girl on the way! It's been 2 years, 4 months, and 15 days* since we announced we were adopting from Thailand, so this is a major milestone that we've been working and waiting a long, long time for. We are now officially "expecting", and we are SO grateful that this day has come! Our hearts are full!


-----------

*If you're considering adoption from Thailand or just adoption in general, please don't let this timeline scare you away! Our journey thus far has been very long and arduous, but our timeline is not the norm. Many families have shorter timelines and very different experiences. Ultimately though, we believe our child is worth the wait, and that every child in need of a family deserves to be fought for (no matter how long it takes!)


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my husband(American) and I(Thai citizen) have been on the waiting list for 3 months. We completed our paperwork and home study in the end of March 2014.

    Just wanted to leave you a message, so we can give each other support :)

    This journey isn't quite a short one but it is worth the wait as you said!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matawee - it's WONDERFUL to connect with you! So glad you commented. Are you blogging about your journey anywhere? I'd love to know what agency you're going through... or are you in Thailand? Feel free to email me anytime at erickabennett(at)gmail(dot)com. Much love as you wait! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Ericka. No I don't have my own blogg as my English is quite limited. You can email me at nim.matawee@gmail.com or we can become friends on Facebook, you can find me as Matawee Mujchapan :)

      We are in Thailand. My husband is an expat in Thailand. So our adoption processes were done here.

      Hope to talk to you again and See you in Thailand soon!!! :))))

      Delete